- Ahuja, R., & Stinson, K.M. (1993). Female-headed single parent families: An exploratory study of children’s influence in family decision making. Advances in Consumer Research, 20 (1), 469–474.
- Ali. A, Ravichandran.N and D.K. Batra. D.K (2013). Children’s Choice of Influence Strategies in Family Purchase Decisions and the Impact of Demographics, Journal of Business Perspective, 17 (1) 27–40.
- Assael,H.(1987),Consumer Behavior and Marketing Action,Vol.3,Kent Publishing Company,Boston, MA.
- Atkin, C. (1978). Observation of parent-child interaction in supermarket decision-making. Journal of Marketing, 42 (8), 41–45.
- Batra. D.K and Ali. A. (2015). Parent’s Opinion of Children’s Influence in Purchase Decisions: A Comparative Analysis between Rural and Urban Delhi: Global Business Review 16 (6) 1100–1111.
- Baumrind, D. (1971). Current patterns of parental authority. Developmental Psychology Monograph, 4 (1),1–103.
- Belch, G., Belch, M. A. and Ceresino, G. (1985). Parental and teenage child influence in family decision making. Journal of Business Research, 13, 163-176.
- Blackwell, R.D., Miniard, P.W. & Engel, J.F. (2001) Consumer Behaviour, 9th edn. United States: Harcourt
- Burns, A.C., & Harrison, M.C. (1985). Children’s self-perceptions of their participation in retail store patronage decisions. Advances in Consumer Research, 12 (3), 79–91
10. Carlson,L.,and Grossbart, S (1988).Parental style and consumer socialization of children. Journal of Consumer Research,15 (June),77–94.
11. Caruana,A. & Vassallo, R. (2003) Children’s perception of their influence over purchases: the role of parental communication patterns. Journal of Consumer Marketing, 20, 1, pp. 55–66.
12. Chaudhary.M and Gupta. A. (2012), Children's influence in family buying process in India:International Journal of Advertising and Marketing to Children
, VOL. 13 NO. 2, pp. 161-175Commuri, S. and Gentry, J.W. (2000), “Opportunities for family research in marketing”, Academy of Marketing Science
, available at: www.amsreview.org/articles/commuri08-2000.pdf
13. Darley, W.F., & Lim, J. (1986). Decision making in leisure-time activities: An exploratory analysis of the impact of locus of control, child age influence factor and parental type of perceived child influence. Advances in Consumer Research, 13 (2), 370–374.
14. Dotson, M. J. and Hyatt, E. M. 2005. Major influence factors in children’s consumer socialization. Journal of Consumer Marketing 1 (22): 35-42.
15. Ebster, C., Wagner, U. & Neumueller, D. (2009) Children’s influence on in-store purchase. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 16, 145–154.
16. Ekstrom, K.M., Tansuhaj, P.S. and Foxman, E. (1987), “Children’s influence in family decisions and consumer socialization: a reciprocal view”, Advances in Consumer Research, Vol. 14, pp. 283-7.
17. Filiatrault, P., & Ritchie, J.R.B. (1980). Joint purchasing decisions: A comparison of influence structure in family and couple decision-making units. Journal of Consumer Research, 7 (8), 131–140.
18. Foxman, E.R., Tansuhaj, P.S., & Ekstrom, K.M. (1989). Family members’ perception of adolescents influence in family decision-making. Journal of Consumer Research, 15 (4), 482–491.
19. Gray-Little, B. & Burks, N. (1983) Power and satisfaction in marriage: A review and critique. Psychological Bulletin, 93, 513-538.
20. Guneri,B.,Yurt,O.,Kaplan,M.D.andDelen,M. (2009),“The influence of children on family purchasing decisions in Turkey”, Asian Journal of Marketing, Vol. 3 No. 1, pp. 20-32
21. Haynes, J.L., Burts, D.C., Dukes, A. and Cloud, R. (1993) ‘Consumer socialisation of preschoolers and kindergartners as related to clothing consumption’, Psychology and Marketing, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp.151–166.
22. Isin, F. and Alkibay, S. (2011) ‘Influence of children on purchasing decisions of well-to-do families’, Young Consumer, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp.39–52.
23. Jain, P.C., & Bhatt, M. (2004). Consumer behaviour in Indian context. New Delhi: S. Chand.
24. Jenkins,R.L. (1979).The influence of children in family decision-making: Parents perceptions.Advances in Consumer Research, 6 (01), 413–418.
25. Kaur, P. and Singh, R. (2006). Children in family purchase decision making in India and the west: a review. Academy of Marketing Science Review, Available.
26. Kaur, P., & Singh, R. (2006). Children in family purchase decision making in India and the West: A review. Academy of Marketing Science Review, 6 (8), 1–30.
27. Kim,C.& Lee,H. (1997) Development of family triadic measures for children’s purchase influence. Journal of Marketing Research, 34, 3, pp. 307–332.
28. Kotler, P., Armstrong, G., Agnihotri, P. Y. and Haque, E. U. (2010). Principles of Marketing- South Asian Perspective (13th ed.) Pearson Education.
29. Kumar. S. (2013). CHILDREN INFLUENCE IN THE PROCESS OF FAMILY PURCHASE DECISION FOR HIGH, LOW AND CHILD – CENTRICPRODUCTS: -Journal of Arts, Science & Commerce. 3 (1).
30. Lackman, C. & Lanasa, M. (1993) Family decision-making theory: an overview and assessment. Psychology & Marketing, 10, 81–93.
31. Lee,C.K.C., & Collins,B.A. (1999). Family decision making and coalition patterns. Department of Marketing, University of Auckland, NewZealand.
Retrieved from www.alliedacademics.org-pdf-mb98-pams3-1
32. Maggie, G., & Mast, G. (2002). Children’s influence on family purchase behaviour: The role of family structure, In Ramizwick and TuPing (Eds), Asia Pacific advances in consumer research Volume 5 (130–135). Association for Consumer Research.
33. Marquis, M. 2004. Strategies for influencing parental decisions on food purchasing. Journal of Consumer Marketing 2 (21): 134 – 143.
34. McLeod, J.M., & Chaffee, S.H. (1972). The Construction of Social Reality, In J.T. Tiedeschi (Ed.), The Social Influence Process (pp. 50–99). Chicago: Aldine-Atherton.
35. McNeal, J.U., & Yeh, C.H. (2003). Born to shop. American Demographics, 15 (6), 34–39.
36. Miriam Carrillo
, Alicia Gonzalez-Sparks
, Nestor U. Salcedo
, (2018) "Social power of preadolescent children on influence in their mothers’ purchasing behavior: Initial study in Peruvian toy stores", Journal of Economics, Finance and Administrative Science, Vol. 23 Issue: 45, pp.150-166
37. Moschis, G.P. (1985). The role of family communication in consumer socialization of children and adolescents. Journal of Consumer Research, 11 (2), 898–913.
38. Moschis, G.P. & Mitchell, L.G. (1986) TV advertising and interpersonal influence on teenagers’ participation in family consumer decisions.
39. Moschis, G.P., Prahato, A.E. and Mitchell, L.G. (1986) ‘Family communication influences on the development of consumer behavior: some additional findings’, Advances in Consumer Research, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp.365–369, EBSCOhost.
40. O’Malley, L. and Prothero, A. (2007), “Contemporary families and consumption”, Journal of Consumer Behaviour, Vol. 6 No. 4, pp. 159-163.
41. Othman, M., Boo, H. C. and Wan Rusni, W. I. (2013). Adolescent’s strategies and reverse influence in family food decision making: International Food Research Journal 20 (1): 131-139.
42. Prahalad, C.K.,& Lieberthal, K. (2003).The end of corporate imperialism.Harvard Business Review,81 (8), 10–117.
43. Ramzy, O., Ogden, D.T., Ogden, J.R. and Zakaria, M. (2012) ‘Perceptions of childrens’ influence on purchase decisions: empirical investigation for the U.S and Egyptian families’, World Journal of Management, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp.30–50.
44. Roedder, D.L. (1981) ‘Age differences in children’s responses to television advertising: an information-processing approach’, Journal of Consumer Research, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp.144–153, EBSCOhost
45. Rosenbluth,S.C.,Steil,J.M.,&Whitcomb,J.H.(1998).Marital equality–What does it mean? Journal of Family Issues, 19, 227-244.
46. Schiffman, L. G. and Kanuk, L. L. (2005). Consumer Behaviour: Refrence Group and Family Influences.359.
47. Seyyed Javadin R.,, Samadi, M., & naghdi, B (2010). Study of the role of family members in decision making for the purchase of durable consumer goods. Management of business, 7 (2), 257-278.
48. Shergill. G.S and Zhao.B. (2009). Parents’ Perception of Teen’S Influence on Family Purchase Decisions: a Study of Cultural Assimilation:Association for Consumer Research, 83-89.
49. Shoham, A., & Dalakas, V. (2003). Family consumer decision making in Israel: The role of teens and parents. Journal of Consumer Market, 20 (2), 238–251.
50. Sidin.S.M, Zawawi.D and Chui.C .T.B (2014), “Determinants and Influence of Wives’ Sex Role Orientation in Urban Family Purchase Decision Making in Malaysia”, International Journal of Economics and Management, 8 (S): 43 – 66.
51. Singh.R and Nayak. J.K. (2014). Peer Interaction and Its Influence on Family Purchase Decision: A Study among Indian Teenagers:Journal of Business Perspective 18 (2) 81–90.
52. Singh.V and Singh. A. (2014). Teenagers’ Influence in Family Buying Decision Making of FMCG Products: A Case Study of Rural Market: International Journal of Management and Social Sciences Research (IJMSSR). 17-26.
53. Swinyard, W.R., & Sim, C.P. (1987). Perception of children’s influence on family decision processes. Journal of Consumer Marketing,4 (10), 25–38.
54. Thompson, E. (2003). Look who’s talking: Family communication during purchase decisions. Young Consumer, 5 (2), 23–33.
55. Tinson, J., Nancarrow, C., & Brace I. (2008). Purchase decision-making and the increasing significance of family types. Journal of Consumer Marketing, 25 (1), 45–56.
56. Vytautas Dikcius, Indre Pikturniene, James Reardon, (2017) "Typology of measures of children engagement in parental purchase decisions", Young Consumers, Vol. 18 Issue: 2.
57. Ward, S., & Wackman, D.B. (1972). Children’s purchase influence attempts and parental influence attempts and parental yielding. Journal of Marketing Research, 9 (8), 316–319.
58. Watne, T., Lobo, A. and Brennan, L. (2011) ‘Children as agents of secondary socialization for their parents’, Young Consumers, Vol. 12, No. 4, pp.285–294.
59. Williams, L.A.,& Veeck, A. (1998).An exploratory study of children’spurchase influence in urban China.Asia Pacific Advances in Consumer Research, 3,13–19.
60. Wut. T.M and Chou. T.J. (2013). Do family members agree on family purchase decision? – an empirical study among families in Hong Kong: International Journal of Consumer Studies.37 (2013) 344–350.